Saturday, May 10, 2014

Book 11: On the Island of Calypso


«Following Athena's instructions and the bearings of the precious navigating instrument that I possessed I sailed due north. I was lucky not to encounter heavy seas and also to have the wind at my tail, otherwise on this frail skiff I wouldn't have gone far.

For days and night I went on without any glimpse of land, having the sun and the stars as my only companions and guides and then, suddenly, I came upon the weirdest place I've ever seen in my whole life. Here the water was still, like oil, and as thick, while a disturbing haze spread over the surface for most of the day and all of the night. The air was warm, but it made me shiver with apprehension. If I were superstitious I would say that this region was cursed.
From time to time, at night, a bright flying disk would cross the starlit sky and plunge -yes, literally plunge- into the dark waters of the sea. I'd never seen, in all my travels, so much activity by the aircraft of the gods and this did little to uplift my morale. For I knew only too well by now that wherever these people went trouble followed.»

To download the comic book and save it on the hard disk there are two options. A pdf format file, which can be opened with Adobe Reader or any other reader capable of opening pdf files and an epub format for easy viewing with the ipad --or with any reader capable of reading epub files.

No comments:

Post a Comment